Welcome to the fall 2021 Backpack Sew Along, hosted by Tina Curtis and Jessica Plunkett! Tina and Jessica are experienced bag makers who love the thrill of making such a functional project – and installing zippers! There’s nothing to fear; we’re here to help you in making your next backpack project.
This is a low key sew along – we’ve developed a four week schedule, but feel free to work at your own pace.
4 week #backpackalong
Sept. 20 – Oct. 18
Week 1 – Sept. 20
- Select pattern and fabrics
Week 2 – Sept. 27
- Cut fabric and interfacing; interface according to pattern instructions
Week 3 – Oct. 4
- Begin backpack construction
Week 4 – Oct. 11
- Finish backpack construction
Backpack Reveal on Instagram Oct. 18! We’ll share our brand new backpacks in a bag show on IG!
OTHER IMPORANT NOTES:
1. The week of Sept. 13, Tina and Jessica will host an Instagram Live to discuss some basics of bag making with an emphasis on different types of fabrics to consider before kicking off the Back Pack Along. Follow Tina @tina1802 and Jessica @maeberrysquare
2. Each week, Tina and Jessica will provide tips and tricks to successful bag making, including tips for installing zippers, successfully adhering interfacing, sewing through super thick layers, and how to get beautiful top stitching. We’ll also walk through what makes bag making different than other types of sewing, tools and notions to make your life easier and show you examples we’ve made.
3. There is no formal sign up for this sew along! Each week, be sure to check Instagram for posts, stories and IG Lives with Tina and Jessica. Follow #backpackalong.
4. There is no specific pattern we’re using for this sew along. You are welcome to choose any backpack pattern. There’s a link at the bottom to a starter list we’ve compiled.
5. There are no formal rules!
Backpack Pattern List – please CLICK HERE to review the list.
Post a Comment